Controls Engineering at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
JOB SUMMARY :
Provides assistance and generally coordinates various machine controls with the Product Engineering and Manufacturing departments .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for the design, development and installation of new PLC based control systems.
- Provides production support by troubleshooting and resolving machine PLC related issues
- Produce and update documents including work/user instructions, functional specifications, detailed design specifications, electrical and pneumatic schematics, etc.
- Conduct machine functionality and fault recovery testing and participates in project startup and machine commissioning.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Engineers, Maintenance Technicians, Production Supervisors and other internal staff.
- Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely and follows all the Company's safety policies and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe and unhealthy conditions or acts to management immediately.
- Reports injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage immediately to your Supervisor.
- Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with the Magna Employee Charter, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Michigan Occupational Health & Safety Act.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience.
- Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic or similar Engineering degree/diploma/certificate or Trades Qualification and significant equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Control Tech preferred.
- Basic knowledge in the following software packages: Allen Bradley RSLogix500 / 5000, Factory Talk View Studio
- Understand and apply basic ladder logic principles, control for I/O, ability to understand PLC commands and HMI usage.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: Electrical control system design, PLC programming and troubleshooting, Strong MS Office skills, willing to work overtime as per job requirements.
- Knowledge of industrial networks. (DeviceNet, EthernetIP)
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit