Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Technical Development team
Our Technical Development team is dedicated to the creation and testing of questions that are a part of the most predictive and fair technical interviews available to software engineering candidates.What you will do
As our Content Development Engineer focused on the development and ongoing performance of technical interview content used to assess candidates at the top of the hiring funnel, you will improve and refine interview modalities that are proven to generate a signal from our interviews while researching and exploring new ways to achieve even more signal. This work will directly impact candidates by helping them highlight their skills to future employers in the first-round technical interview with higher fidelity.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
- Author new content assessment modules across various subject domains to assess a high volume of candidates.
- Evaluate and manage the development and ongoing performance of technical interview content used to assess candidates at the top of the hiring funnel.
- Based on data findings, build meaningful prototypes and experiments to grow the approach, offerings and diversity of skill assessments for Karat’s high-volume assessment formats.
- Coordinate with program managers in Content Governance, Content Research, and Content Development to ensure the effectiveness and predictability of current and future skill assessments
- Assess viability and impact of experiments/prototypes and then appropriately share learnings with the rest of the content team.
- Work with solution engineers to align on client-specific requirements on appropriate new modules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Program management experience nice to have
- Experience interviewing software engineers at a variety of levels (college hire to leadership)
- Hands-on contribution to creating writing technical assessment content strongly desired
- Experience and/or passion for identifying and removing sources of bias
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]m.