Consulting Engineer - Data Security & Data Privacy (UK, Germany or France) at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
We are currently seeking a seasoned Consulting Engineer (CE) to join our EMEA & LATAM team. This CE will help drive the adoption and integration of our portfolio for Data Security within our customers’ networks. In this position, you will play a key role in evangelizing, architecting, and simplifying the effort to deploy these solutions to help customers become more secure. In addition, you will educate our customers on everything technical about Data Privacy.
The EMEA Consulting Engineer will work with our customer-facing sales teams (Systems Engineers and Account Executives) and internal stakeholders (Product Management, Support, Marketing & others). The goal is to ensure that the solution aligns with our market goals, product capabilities, and roadmaps. The CE will also produce material and tools to educate the Systems Engineering community and resolve any customer issues.
- Present to customers as our expert in your technical domain at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to CIO
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations, with our System Engineers, that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- 5+ year of developing and successfully delivering Data Loss Protection projects for customers
- Strong knowledge of data privacy laws
- Good understanding of cloud-delivered services and all aspects of network-based security
- BS technical degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to work within small creative teams as well as cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Solid organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.