COBOL Developer at Oddball (Remote)
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced Cobol Mainframe Developer to help improve, architect, modernize and build out an important program for a major federal agency.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other developers architecting and implementing modernizations and identitfying solutions. You will be working closely with leadership to implement engineering guidelines, features, and functionality within a government environment that will shape how the program implements modernization measures.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Experience with mainframe programming in COBOL
- A wide understanding of Developing, Designing, Coding, and Testing changes to enterprise software applications
- In-depth understanding of project management and software development cycle
- Vast knowledge of business processes, with experience in healthcare a major plus
- Knowledge of advanced debugging tools
- Databases experience: MS SQL Server, Access, and DB2
- Platforms/Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, IBM Mainframe
- Experience in documenting systems and programs enhanced, developed and implemented
- Tools: ENDEVOR, XPEDITER, Test Director, and JES2.
- Defining coding standards to ensure code integrity
Must be located within the United States.
This is a full time, remote position. Oddball offers a tech and continuing education stipend. This role requires the ability to obtain a low level security clearance.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.