Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic Cloud is a fully managed service for the Elastic Stack, Security, Observability, and Enterprise Search solutions, and we are looking for a Technical Lead to guide our User Growth team.
Our service is operated at planet scale - across major Cloud providers in 50 plus regions across the world, hosting mission critical workloads for thousands of customers in every industry! The User Growth team is a full stack team of engineers that is responsible for product-led growth - discoverability of our product, conversion, expansion and retention. Our team works hard to reduce friction through our users journey and provide onboarding experiences that showcases the value of the Elastic platform. You will have front-row seats in supporting the high growth of a SaaS product and the opportunity to work in an impactful, cross-team setting!What You Will Be Doing:
- Guide technical design and architecture for a team of 10 backend and frontend engineers.
- Spend time reviewing and writing design documents, reviewing Pull Requests and exploring new implementation ideas.
- Use A/B testing to get feedback on critical changes that impacts our critical user flows.
- Partner with engineering teams from AWS, GCP and Azure to integrate natively into their control planes, messaging and analytical services.
- Be a "player/mentor" for the team, getting your hands into code and design where required.
- Foster a culture of mutual respect and collaborative decision-making.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- In-Depth knowledge developing and leading software development for 10-12 years.
- A strong customer focus for building SaaS products that are simple and intuitive to use.
- You care deeply about the resiliency of the services and quality of the features your team ships.
- Experience developing elegant, easy to use APIs for internal and external consumption.
- Experience working with any of Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Experience delivering high quality code, preferably in Java or Scala.
- You can provide pragmatic technical leadership for a group of fast moving engineers.
- Lead by example - you can code when needed, review PRs and stay close to the team’s work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company.
- User of Elasticsearch - understand data modeling, aggregations and querying capabilities.
- Experience in user identity management and SSO.
- Curiosity about SaaS business metrics like growth, churn and retention.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.