Cloud Support Engineer at Yellowbrick Data (Remote)
Yellowbrick Data is a rapidly growing MPP Enterprise Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley – the only credible EDW start-up alongside Snowflake. We are selling into a hot market right at the convergence of Big Data, Enterprise Data Warehousing, IoT and the Edge. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos, healthcare firms and marketers. Our customers love our product: Most are repeat buyers, and in many cases, we’ve become the new standard for analytics and data warehousing in their respective enterprises. Yellowbrick is well- funded, having raised >$250m from top-tier venture firms.
Yellowbrick Data Technical Support provides best in class support to our global enterprise customers. We expect to consistently exceed customer expectations of a support organization and strategic technology partner. This role for a level 2 or level 3 support engineer for a cloud and on-premises Enterprise Data Warehouse. This position will be working from their home office, located anywhere in the continental US. As this role is predominantly focused on our cloud offerings, experience working with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud are very desirable.
- Provide direct support to customers to resolve issues with our Cloud solution
- Respond to all customer issues with clear communications, technical creativity, and a commitment to problem resolution.
- Work with field and development engineers to reproduce customer issues, determine root cause, and recommend solutions.
- Contribute to knowledge base content, including but not limited to articles, guides, documentation, and training material.
- Provide feedback to product management and engineering on product features, defects, and improvements.
- Design and test installation, upgrade, tuning and administration procedures, both for internal and customer use
- Assess product features and recommended improvements based on deep understanding of customer requirements
- Manage critical situations by driving cross functional collaboration across functions and geographies
- Regularly update customers on status of open issues, feature requests, planned installations and upgrades
- Assist engineering with understanding of customer requirements and feature requests.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to resolve issues, questions, and incidents with an intense focus on complete resolution.
- Self-starters with a high degree or personal responsibility and at the same time also work well as contributors to a diverse team.
- Leverage technical experience, knowledge, creativity, and passion to build scalable customer success through creating effective support artifacts and processes.
- Work effectively across teams to contribute to problem analysis, testing, resolution, and written content creation.
- Solid track record with prior technical roles in customer support, service, and engagement
- Experience in working for a SaaS company.
- Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts
- Good working knowledge of
- public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Linux operating systems and administration
- Good working knowledge of Kubernetes deployments and scheduling
- Good working knowledge of cloud monitoring tools relating to Kubernetes health
- Experience with
- containerization as well as container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, EKS, GKE & AKS
- administering and deploying to cloud-based environments
- distributed or micro services architecture, and event-driven architecture
- monitoring enterprise applications at scale
- tracing logs using CloudTrail or similar tools
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- version control systems such as Git or Bitbucket
- Experience with SQL databases
- Comfortable with command line shells (e.g., bash, zsh, etc.)
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python would be a plus
- Experience with issue tracking and ticketing systems
- Cloud Associate Certification would be a plus
- Prior experience working across organizations to ensure supportability
- Comfortable working flexible work hours and rotating on-call responsibilities
- Minimum two years of experience in customer-facing, technical support work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Yellowbrick Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
To all recruitment agencies: Yellowbrick Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Yellowbrick Data employees or any other organization location. Yellowbrick Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.