Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This isn’t your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving complex and challenging technical problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is expanding to allow it to scale with the business. We’re on the lookout for Technical Support Engineers to join a team that is serious about pursuing one goal: improving the customer experience with our products! Are you the go-to person for technical support when nobody else knows what to do? Do you have relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? This could be the job for you!
More about you
You want to be a part of something big. You want to be the one who helps customers customize and configure their Atlassian solution(s). You want to be the one to find that misconfiguration and to help customers understand how to get the most out of their Atlassian investment. If so, then this is the job for you.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years of experience interacting with customers in a technical role
- Familiarity with IT operations, Application Performance Monitoring, the Application Development lifecycle, internet technology, and infrastructure concepts
- Understanding of the DevOps space, practical knowledge of the role of Integrations, and prior Customer Support experience
What will you do?
- Be responsible for resolving customer configuration issues and responding to customer questions
- Ensure that customers have a positive experience using primarily Opsgenie and Statuspage from the range of Atlassian products
- Understand customer use cases, perform troubleshooting, devise and implement workarounds to product bugs
- Work with APIs, REST payloads, REST endpoints, Opsgenie/Atlassian product Integrations, and 3rd party products to make recommendations to resolve customer issues. If you possess the skills, you may be asked to review, write, or modify Scripts - typically in Groovy, Python, Java, GO/Lambda - to implement a specific solution for a customer
- You will become proficient in customizing and deploying Opsgenie specific extensions (Integrations, tools, etc.)
- You will provide ad-hoc guidance to customers, internal teams, Atlassian Partners, and others regarding how to properly implement Opsgenie and Statuspage
- You will also demo the Opsgenie solution to prospective and existing Atlassian customers
- Periodically collaborate to develop and implement operational improvements. Also, you may be asked to travel (locally and worldwide) to represent Atlassian at events (Technical conferences, Meetups, etc.)
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify potential product-related bugs
- Collaborate with our global support team, share best practices and drive process improvements
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- Test and evaluate new product versions to ensure they are ready for release
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.