*Note: Please disregard any compensation estimates that may be provided by linkedin or any other source. These statistics are auto-generated and not accurate*
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Cloud Solutions Architect – AWS applies specialized product or technical knowledge to serve partners requiring technical education, consulting, or different AWS services, primarily infrastructure consolidation, migrations, transformation, and optimization of dedicated, multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments. They utilize both a strategic and consultative approach, as well as hands on work, when dealing with technical customers or partners. The Architect works closely with senior leadership of client organizations as well as key technical personnel.
Essential Responsibilities and Percentage of Time Spent (includes, but is not limited to):
- Serves as the technical lead and/or subject matter expert on AWS projects and is accountable for the outcomes of those projects
- Provides partner education; creates content and delivers technical deep-dive sessions for our partners by working closely with our internal and/or external AWS team, and with our engineering team; ensures information is up to date and readily available for new and existing team members
- Serves as point of escalation for technical issues for our Infrastructure solutions consulting team; takes part regularly in deep-dive educational sessions, or architecting & designing cloud-based solutions in response to different complex technical challenges encountered by our partners
- Advises and influences team processes and structure; assists with the change management approval process, new product/services development and creates supporting documentation
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Must be at least an L2 engineer in the current role
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years of systems engineering experience or consultancy experience
- At least eight (8) to ten (10) years working directly with Cloud-based technology deployment
- Very good understanding of the Pre-Sales and Professional Services org’s processes & procedures
- Broad knowledge of managing common Windows, Linux operating systems and AWS services (EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3, Amazon VPC, Amazon EBS, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for AWS DRaaS Solutions, AWS Migration Evaluator, AWS WorkSpaces, AWS Directory Services
- Hands-on experience with Data Centre infrastructure/application migration, consolidation, or transformation projets
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledgeable of configuration management frameworks such as PowerShell DSC, Puppet, Chef or Ansible (or similar solutions)
- Knowledge of other public cloud technologies (such as GCP or Azure) preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to defuse situations where Partners and/or customers may be frustrated
- Ability to solve problems quickly, develop workflows and processes for operation team, and automate processes
- Ability to consult with both technical professionals and business stakeholders
- Willingness to develop technical skills outside of normal working hours
- Desire to validate skillset through industry wide certifications
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, SysOps Administrator, Developer Associate, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent work experience.
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $105,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups