Cloud Services Developer - SDV at General Motors (Atlanta, GA)
Hybrid: This role will allow employees to work remotely, but may also require onsite work based on business needs. Relocation will be provided as needed.
The Software Defined Vehicle team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for sophisticated technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your collaboration muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
Our Ultifi Services team works in the Linux ecosystem, building in-vehicle services to implement a scalable Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) platform and functional vehicle services. Linux / Android / Cloud / AI / ML based system level services development for features like IPC communication, vehicle to Cloud communications, video processing, security implementation, diagnostics, debugging and logging, all within the Electronic Control Systems (ECU) of vehicle like Infotainment ECU. The Ultifi Services team designs and develops the all the vehicle intelligence within the vehicle across all vehicle functions. These services will also utilize the 5G / MEC infrastructure and AI/ML on the Cloud. We build high quality Ultifi services software which is foundational to move General Motors towards an industry first intelligent and responsive Software Defined Vehicle.
Our Utilifi Feedback Loop (UFL) team works in the Linux ecosystem, building in-vehicle services to implement a scalable Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) platform, including functional vehicle services. Using Linux/Android systems, these features include IPC communication, vehicle to cloud communications, video processing, security implementation, diagnostics, debugging and logging, all kept within the Electronic Control Systems (ECU) of vehicles. The Ultifi Services team designs and develops all the vehicle intelligence utilizing 5G/MEC infrastructure and machine learning within a cloud environment.
- Develop and support cloud-based vehicle services
- Work as part of a team to design and develop Azure Vehicle Platform solutions
- Work with geospatial analysis and mapping, mobility and behavioral analysis
- Create comparative frameworks between sparse real-world observations, dense simulated observations
- Work with emerging techniques such as generative adversarial networks, self-supervised reinforcement learning, and imitation learning for complex optimization problems
- Develop numerical optimization, statistical modeling and forecasting, machine learning and image processing
- BS, or MS in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in Azure Cloud (preferred), AWS or GCP
- A minimum of 5 years advanced experience in Linux OS platform administration with fluency in at least 1 scripting language such as Python
- Troubleshooting skills in the enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information verbally and in writing
- Experience with cloud services - Azure Cloud or AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of Azure IOT Hub, Azure Event Hub and IOT Central/MQTT, Azure Data Factory or Databricks
- Experience in Kubernetes including K8s cluster, network, services, App Gateway(ingress) and Docker
- Strong knowledge of Cloud networking .i.e. VNET, Subnet, DNS, LB including troubleshooting, diagnostics
- Understanding of Azure Security, Cryptography, Vault integration and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates
- Strong working knowledge of DevOps using AZDO, ARM Template, Bicep and scripting (Python, PowerShell, etc.) to setup new environment
- Experience with Azure Synapse analytics such as Databricks, Data Lake, Data Explore
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at the 7th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate's relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Learn more at General Motors' New Ultifi Platform Reimagines What it Means to Own a Vehicle (gm.com)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values; • Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.