Cloud Security Operations Engineer at Fivesky (Baltimore, MD)
Are you obsessed with combatting security threats? Are you able to analyze, document, and lead alternative security solutions? Can you challenge, prototype and present your findings to Stakeholders? If you have answered yes, then you might be Fivesky’s next Cloud Security Operations Engineer.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of application, data or infrastructure within AWS, Azure, GCP and/or Prisma
- 5+ years of hands-on knowledge of securing SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS making recommendations on how to best secure the technology within the cloud environment.
- A background in DevOps and with CI/CD Pipelines.
- Coordinator of global teams for Cloud Security.
- Have dealt with Terraform.
- Versed in Kubernetes or other similar container strategies with a strong.
- Security tools such as Guardduty, MCAS, or Azure Security Center are in your repertoire.
- Well-versed in Python scripting.
- Experience assessing if the current security protocols at an enterprise level are fit for purpose.
- Work closely with stakeholders and present a POA/documentation and security solutions.
- Can speak to developers and poke holes in their rationale for their design, and develop frameworks and push automation
What you’ve done:
- Collaborated with other teams involved in architecture design.
- Identified potential risks of projects, documented and address those risks and work with other teams to resolve the issue.
What you will do:
- Be hands-on with application, technology risk management, or infrastructure security assignments.
- Monitor and address public cloud security vulnerabilities
- Consult with global teams (Engineering/Development) advising on cloud security requirements and document the implementation
- Knowledge of secure network design, entitlement design, database access, authentication methods, logging, input validation, security testing, encryption implementation, secure storage design and data transfer.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Configuration and patch management with automated tools
- Vulnerability scanners
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Baltimore, MD. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.