Cloud Security Engineer at SADA (Remote)
Join SADA as a Cloud Security Engineer!
As a Cloud Security Engineer (CSE) at SADA, you will work to enable organizations to design and implement a secure infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. Through an understanding of security best practices and industry security requirements, CSE’s will help our clients to design, develop, and manage a mature security infrastructure leveraging Google security technologies.
As a Cloud Security Engineer you should be proficient in all aspects of Cloud Security including managing identity and access management, defining organizational structure and policies, using Google technologies to provide data protection, configuring network security defenses, collecting and analyzing Google Cloud Platform logs, managing incident response processes, and understanding regulatory concerns. SADA’s CSEs will learn to assess a large enterprise’s overall security posture on GCP and provide prescriptive recommendations to improve. You will work side-by-side with client teams that rely on us as trusted advisors to implement the security recommendations we make.
Our CSEs have firm beliefs that using Infrastructure as Code to implement security guardrails for GCP is the best approach. You should have a deep passionate interest in cybersecurity and be willing to dive deep working towards client solutions in security areas that may be completely new to you. You will work mostly independently with limited oversight. You will also participate in client-facing discussions as a cloud security SME. Our CSE roles combine consulting with hands-on work.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of all our engineering. Our goal is to provide customers with an exceptional experience in maturing the security of their Google Cloud Platform environments.
Your success comes from your enthusiasm, insight, and positive impact. You will be given direct feedback quarterly with respect to the scope and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, your collaboration with your peers, and the consultative skill you demonstrate in customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a personalized development plan together that leads you through the CSE growth tracks.
- Required Travel - none. This is a remote position. You should have great remote work discipline. This could change in the future, but we see remote work as the future and have embraced it at SADA.
- Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
- Training - ongoing with a 30-day onboarding schedule.
- Google’s Professional Cloud Security Engineer certification or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- You must have experience helping customers to make decisions to achieve complex security outcomes.
- Strong comprehension of security services working hands-on-keyboard (“HOK”) in at least one major cloud.
- Working knowledge of git flows and git version control systems.
- Strong Linux, BSD, or Windows security engineering background experience.
- Experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Packer.
- Experience building DevSecOps pipelines, providing cloud security guardrails with tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, Terraform Validator, and Chef Inspec.
- Previous experience with Incident Response, preventing IAM sprawl, implementing security benchmarks, integrating SIEM tools, automating responses with SOAR tools, and threat hunting through logging systems.
- Previous experience conducting GCP Security Assessments of customer environments.
- Knowledge of compliance drivers (FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, FIPS, CCPA, HIPAA, GDPR, etc…).
- Knowledge and understanding of security industry trends and new technologies and the ability to apply learnings in an evolving cloud security threat landscape.
- Proven experience and understanding of security principles across infrastructure platforms, data layers, integration points, and application layers.
- Experience working with containerization security technologies .
- Experience securing a variety of Linux distributions (extra points for OpenBSD users).
- A strong dislike of “Security Theatre”.
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.