Cloud Security Architect at Paylocity (Remote)
Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We've evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we've changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for planning, evaluation, and implementation of security controls across the Paylocity environment. You will act as a security expert within a growing, collaborative team in a cutting-edge HR and payroll tech company. You'll keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team is self-motivated and has great communication skills.
Reports To: Manager, Security Engineering
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of Paylocity's systems and networks to prevent and reduce security risk. This includes leading providing architectural patterns for safe conduct, evaluating networks and integrations for technical risk, and working with other teams to implement security controls.
- Act as a key contributor to identifying strategic initiatives to mature the enterprise security tools and architectural patterns.
- Contribute to the development of an architecture committee to help the evaluation of proposed architectural changes, security control considerations, and driving secure best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Develop a process to assess our cloud and on-prem infrastructure for security risks, providing recommendations to our product and technology teams to help further enhance our security posture.
- Manages major security projects and initiatives to their successful conclusion, on time and at or under budget.
- Actively manages the expectations of internal partners related to security service delivery.
- Continuously works to improve the quality, efficiency, and consistency of application security service delivery.
- Partners well with other teams within the Information Security department and their managers to seamlessly deliver services or projects jointly.
- Utilizes a risk-based approach to prioritize the efforts of the Information Security organization and internal teams we depend upon to execute work.
- Maximizes the utilization of limited resources and leverages automation to increase capacity where feasible.
- Stays on top of changes in Paylocity's internal technical architecture to identify changes in areas of excessive risk and to assist with resource allocation.
- Regularly communicates the current status of service delivery, projects, initiatives to security management as needed.
- Treats identified security gaps with a sense of urgency that they deserve.
- Experience in implementing and managing the following platforms and tools:
- Hybrid (on-prem and cloud) application security
- AWS, Azure, or other cloud providers and depth with their respective services (AWS EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, Storage Gateway, Lambda, KMS, ECS/EKS preferred)
- API Security and common application connection patterns
- Serverless and cloud native application security
- Docker and Kubernetes (registry controls, image hardening, network policies)
- Identity services and authN/authZ (Active Directory, AWS Cognito, Okta)
- Web app session management (Cookies, Tokens, etc.)
- Web Application Firewalls (AWS Shield, F5 ASM, Imperva, etc.)
- DevSecOps deployment models and best practices
- .NET, C#, etc. programming experience
- Redis, NoSQL, or other database experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related preferred
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Security Architecture or a similar role
- Solid understanding of NIST Cybersecurity and MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
- Working ability to write scripts and automation such as CloudFormation, Ansible Playbooks, or Terraform.
- Strongly prefer at least 1 relevant security-related certification. Examples of relevant security-related certification are as follows:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- AWS Professional Certification (Architect or DevOps)
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- Certified Kubernetes Security Specialty
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator or Developer
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 - $175,000 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.