Cloud Quality & Reliability, Applications Architect at Zscaler
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
This position is in the Cloud Reliability Engineering(Cre)-DevOps team and will be responsible for developing & deploying business critical, highly scalable, integrated software systems to keep the massive scaled out Zscaler Cloud running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions - scanning a petabyte of data for more than 20 millions and growing numbers of users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter. Cre-DevOPS team is developing integrated applications & systems to automate management of the cloud. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication; a sense of humor wouldn't hurt.
Cre-DevOPS Applications Architect will be responsible for defining and creating a unified architecture that can be adopted as a platform to develop all Cre-DevOPS applications. This position also requires close technical collaboration with other engineering, cloud Infrastructure and operations teams. As an architect, you will be responsible to fully understand requirements, define architecture, identify new technologies, frameworks and tools and be involved in their sourcing (build vs. buy) decisions. You will contribute in defining and setting up development processes and their adaptation within the team, including technical mentoring, guiding and owning resolutions of technical issues.
- Education in computer science or related discipline and 15+ years of experience is preferred.
- Previous experience of architecting and full life cycle development/deployment of large scale scalable applications in any business environment. Experience in large scale public/private cloud management domains would be an advantage.
- In-depth experience of working with multiple technologies, frameworks and tools.
- Experience in multiple applications domain, preferably in clouds and networks management applications.
- Experience in architecting applications and services on any public cloud will be preferred.
- Current hands-on experience in Java, Python, modern UI Frameworks, SQL Databases is required. Experience with scalable deployment tools like Kubernetes, Docker etc. and CI/CD pipeline implementation is highly desirable.
- Experience in building and deploying scalable, reliable component oriented applications is a must.
- Technical leading and mentoring of the team. Working with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Proven ability to work across teams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.