The Cloud Practice Architect designs, develops and implements cloud-based solutions. Designs cloud architecture and completes
plans and specifications to develop solutions. Collaborates with product managers and engineers to
develop specifications for new cloud based products/services, applications and solutions. Drives the rollout
of cloud management platforms, evaluates its performance and implements enhancements.
Develops and enriches the product portfolio of cloud services and value-added services. Responsible for
adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as
Career Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May provide functional leadership to teams or projects
- Encourages others to listen attentively and engage with the speaker by asking appropriate open ended questions; reflects on and reiterates key points and clarifies messages to help others reach agreement.
- Monitors non-verbal reactions of others to identify and respond to areas of interest or concern.
- Ensures all viewpoints have been heard and discussed before reaching conclusions, offering guidance or asserting own views.
- Influences and coaches others across the business unit/function to work independently and identify areas for improvement in work processes.
- Encourages and motivates people to achieve high standards of excellence by consistently raising the bar and coaching others to achieve results.
- Sets challenging and realistic goals for others; proactively considers the business unit/function’s goals to prevent conflicts of interests and communicates goals to teams.
- Provides guidance and expertise to analyze data and patterns and assess the root cause of complex, non-routine problems.
- Collaborates with others across disciplines to brainstorm and execute solutions to the most complex, uncommon problems.
- Guides the execution of solutions for complex, non-routine issues; redirects solution implementation if desired results were not originally met.
- Creatively develops tools, visual aids and other original content to support the understanding/education of complex and technical information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data).
- Guides others on the best practices and approaches for creating clear, concise and organized communication materials to convey technical concepts in a user-friendly way.
- Challenges others to bring fresh and creative perspective to differentiating technical communications and ensuring comprehension and ease-of-use for various audiences.
- Exceeds customers’ expectations by listening for unexpressed needs; connects customer needs to relevant service offerings and new technology.
- Leads others in resolving technical issues in a timely manner; follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Partners with the business to integrate new technologies into business solutions; creates and communicates a vision of the technology requirements for the future state of the business.
- Prioritizes workload and ensures that deadlines are successfully met; delegates or seeks additional staff when necessary.
- Identifies short- and long-term barriers to completing project plans and takes corrective action to meet deliverable objectives.
- Manages multifaceted projects or assignments, such as projects that have several separate components, with minimal error and without missing important deliverables.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Be the technical liaison between customers and engineering resources
- Provide tactical scope and work directly with the business representatives/customers to understand the requirements driving the need for a solution to be developed
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project
- Ensure that all the appropriate questions are asked and verify that nothing crucial to the success of the project is overlooked
- Be an AWS evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of AWS
- Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best of breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model.
- Work with customers to enable a DevOps culture and modernize operations and release strategies
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers interested in AWS and to ensure our SAs are up to date
- Attend and present valuable information at Industry Events
- Extensive knowledge of cloud services, methodologies, best practices, and tools
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language (such as Node.js, Scala, Python, or Golang, etc).
- Knowledge of at least one modern services framework (K8S, SDWAN, Serverless, etc)
- Builds rapport with customers by soliciting feedback proactively.
- Guides others to collect information and analyze complex data and business problems; identifies trends and uses data-driven insights to make recommendations.
- Applies knowledge of emerging technology trends and best practices to show the potential business application of technology improvements.
- Provides guidance in selecting the appropriate research tools, data sources and methodologies to test and/or validate hypotheses; reports departmental findings.
- Generic DevOps Skill Baseline Coding
- Scripting/ Programing language/ Configuration Management/ Container (1 or more at 100 level)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- VCS (Git Based VSC) family with commit, branch, merge, review process
- Artifact Repository
- CI/CD tools
- Operating System familiar with Linux or Windows OS
- Cloud Skill Baseline
- CI/CD (Implement CI services -VSC, Artifacts repo, build service pipeline service)
- Landing Zone (Multi Account Framework)
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Compute (VM, Container platform, Function)
- Virtual Machine workload
- Implement serverless solution for operational purpose
- Data storage, Database
- Configuration management
- Secret Management
- Monitoring and Logging
- Message Queues
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required.
- AWS Certifications
- GCP Certifications
- Azure Certifications
- CNCF Certifications
- 8 – 11 years of experience in the field of role required.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 196 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description