Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for a Cloud Data Engineer with experience on the Google Cloud Platform to be part of our Infrastructure and Reliability team. The Infrastructure and Reliability team’s mission is to support and accelerate the mission of Cityblock by ensuring that the foundational technology at Cityblock is secure, resilient, and maintainable.
As part of our team, you will work hand in hand with your colleagues to build and refine our infrastructure stack to best serve Cityblock Members. You will help build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, so that the team can understand business priorities and expectations. You will help meet and manage those expectations by proactively communicating around your work, pivoting to new solutions when necessary, and ultimately finding ways to delight our stakeholders.
As a member of our team, you will find opportunities to share your knowledge and mentor colleagues. You will work with team managers to ensure that your colleagues get both appreciative and developmental feedback, so that they have the right information, skills, and opportunities to grow and be effective in their roles. You will support and continue to help build a culture of team delivery over individual glory (or defeat) and encourage self-organization. And you will ultimately hold yourself and others accountable for a healthy, psychologically safe place to work.
You will be most successful in this role if you are self-motivated and energized by the chance to create a cloud infrastructure which can meet rapidly changing needs and requirements. You value time spent implementing interesting technical challenges as a team. And you enjoy creating a place where everyone can feel included, cared for, and supported personally and professionally.
Your role is critical in helping us support patients in communities hardest hit by COVID-19 through helping our care teams of community health partners, medical staff and social workers to problem-solve for our patients using opinionated information and driving action at a panel-level.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a passion for doing mission-oriented work.
- You are an excellent communicator to a diverse set of audiences including stakeholders, product managers, peers, and direct reports.
- You have the experience and desire to mentor others to success.
- You are a self-motivated learner.
- You have experience and enjoy building and improving cloud-native infrastructure, specifically on the Google Cloud Platform.
- You have a strong preference to build with DevOps principles whenever possible, including investment in smart testing, infrastructure as code, automation, transparency, and ultimately deep collaboration with your colleagues and stakeholders.
- You have experience with technical design and enjoy iterating on those ideas with the team.
- You have 1+ years of experience building infrastructure on GCP.
- You have 2+ years experience leading technical vision and strategy for cloud infrastructure.
How We Define Success:
- Collaborate with the colleagues across the Technology Team to build and maintain a strong technical vision, strategy, and roadmap for a healthy infrastructure which enables dependent teams to be self-sufficient and successful.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your collaborators, including fellow Engineering teams and the Product team
- Participate in and support an engaging work environment for the Infrastructure and Reliability team by focusing on the most impactful work, mentoring others, modeling transparency, and clearly communicating.
- Embrace JIRA and other team collaboration tools to effectively identify, track, and communicate priorities both for day-to-day and long-term planning.
- Rapidly deliver value to delight our stakeholders, care teams, and ultimately our members.
- Triage issues effectively and use that information to help guide the work of the team to make our data products more reliable and maintainable.
- Define, maintain, and promote standards for the team’s infrastructure, code, and development processes.
- Write clean, well-tested, code that will stand the test of time.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect Certification
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer Certification
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud Network Engineer Certification
- Previous exposure to clinical operations and/or working with physicians
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.