Why 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking for outcome driven, focused team members who want to win and have fun doing it! We are looking for the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world, and strive daily to align our core values with those that we hire.
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams – a perpetual thirst for knowledge, and a desire to work with the best people and take on big challenges together. Getting our attention takes creativity, integrity, a desire to improve yourself and your co-workers each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
About 2nd Watch
As a cloud native company, 2nd Watch has walked alongside our clients for over a decade helping them migrate to the cloud, accelerate application development, and deliver on their company’s strategic goals through the blend of technology and innovation that is at our core. Our services deliver cloud native capabilities through strategic consulting, modernization services, and specialized technology practices focused on maximizing the value of public cloud through:
· Business Transformation
· Cloud Advisory
· Datacenter Migration, Infrastructure & Architecture
· Application Modernization
· Data and Analytics Advisory
· Data Management
· Data Science
· Compliance, Security & Business Continuity
· Managed Cloud ServicesJob Description
Position Title :
Cloud Operations Architect
2ndWatch is looking for a savvy technical architect to join our Cloud Operations team focusing on building and evolving client workloads and infrastructure in the public cloud. You will consult with the client on proactive engineering tasks as well as with internal stakeholders, helping to build and
architect new solutions, document client environment details, provide workload-specific documentation and offer on-call operational guidance. This is a pro-active role with a client focus and assignment. You will be responsible for identifying and negotiating cloud infrastructure improvements, defining requirements, implementation and testing, and training and hand-off. You will also be responsible for executing cost optimization processes.
What You Will Be Doing:
· Professional technical interactions with clients on a regular cadence.
· Improve existing client cloud infrastructure towards well-architected frameworks with an enterprise focus.
· Remediate existing architectural defects that lead to Operations support tickets and inefficiencies.
· Improve impedance match between client infrastructure and 2W Managed Cloud Operations services
· Support customers internationally, 24x7. On-call requirements are a function of workload documentation completeness and resiliency.
- Documentation of client infrastructure to simplify Operations management of workloads.
- Support escalations, ticket retrospectives and remediation, and training/certification of Operations engineers
· Consult internally periodically on the design and operationalization of new 2W products and services.Qualifications
What You Need for this Position
· A strong sense of ownership, initiatives, and ability to accept and mitigate risk.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a wide range of audiences including business and technical stakeholders.
· Expert knowledge/experience in:
· Public Clouds and cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS
· Multi-platform experience with both Windows & Linux
· Web Services & APIs
· Design, development, implementation, and operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments.
· Load balancing
· Solid understanding of technologies including:
· Networking – TCP/IP, VPN, Layer 3 Routing
· Applications/Platforms – Understanding of common application stacks (Tomcat, LAMP)
· Configuration Management – Chef, Ansible, or Puppet – Familiarity with at least one
· Virtualization – Vmware, Xen, and/or VirtualBox/Vagrant. AWS experience a must.
· Databases – Familiarity with common database platforms: MySQL and/or PostgreSQL - Aurora, Microsoft SQL, or Oracle is a plus
· DNS and other common network protocols
· Version Control Systems: BitBucket/git, github, or equivalent
· Continuous Integration/Deployment - Experience with Jenkins/CodeBuild a plus
• Business Productivity Tools: O365, Confluence, JIRA, Slack
• Software Experience: Alert Logic, New Relic, Trend Micro are a plus
· Nice to have: Experience with Terraform and CloudFormation
· 10 or more years of professional IT experience in large scale environments with hands on experience in multiple technologies wearing multiple hats
· At least 2-4 years of relevant experience as an Architect, preferably focused on cloud technologies
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical area or the equivalent experience.
· AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification or betterAdditional Information
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
- 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and up to 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off – We let you manage yourself.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
2nd Watch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. 2nd Watch does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.