Cloud Operations Administrator at DigitalOcean
We are looking for a seasoned system administrator to help us keep the cloud running smoothly. Reporting to the manager of Cloud Operations, the Cloud Operations/Linux Administrator monitors and provides first-response to all cloud health issues that impact, or could potentially impact, customer experience. You will interface with teams across the organization to research and troubleshoot issues from single droplets to cloud-wide disturbances.What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensuring maximum uptime for our 10K+ system global infrastructure
- Automating processes and building tools to improve operational efficiency
- Coordinating operational work across teams to improve the platform with minimal impact
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems and day to day upkeep
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and troubleshooting virtual machine instances
- Basic networking concepts and technologies
- Basic storage concepts and technologies
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience scripting in one or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with configuration management systems
- A passion for good documentation and open communication
- Proven ability to learn!
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health and a monthly internet bill reimbursement and remote workstation program to make working from home as easy and comfortable as possible.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!