Rackspace EMEA Cloud Native Development & Testing is a team of highly skilled professionals specializing in cloud native development on the three major public clouds - AWS, Azure and GCP. We offer cloud native development and end-to-end testing – this is categorised into two main streams: Application modernization - where we modernize an existing application, and cloud native development of a net new application - in this case we build the application with latest cloud technologies like Serverless, Cloud SQL etc. ground up, fully taking advantage of all cloud native services.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
- You will be working in a dynamic environment and encouraged to come up with innovative solutions, putting our customers at the heart of every decision. As an application developer you will –
- Contribute to the development of application features
- Document feature requests and bug reports
- Review, test, debug, and comment on task deliverables
- Provide operational application support
- Three to six years of applied experience coding in a modern JS web framework (React / Vue / Angular)
- Experience building web applications that consume REST services
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and application testing.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design Principles, Web Standards, and Accessibility Best Practices.
- Ability to execute with limited assistance from senior engineers
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team of engineers.
- Ability to write maintainable, well tested software.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience in Java 11 including mvn, Spring Boot
- Basic AWS knowledge (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ECR, Dynamo DB etc)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, LXC)
- Experience with Frontend technologies like stencil, npm
- Experience with Supporting tools like NewRelic, Splunk
- Experience with Github, AWS ECS Fargate, Terraform
- Understanding of continuous delivery workflow
- Creative approach to problem solving and good analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field
- Typically requires 3-6 years of full-time experience in software development, engineering, or a related field
- Solid software engineering fundamentals gained through training, course work or relevant experience.
- Fluent German Speaker required
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 176 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description