Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team
Are you an engineer who loves to make things that just work better? Do you love to look at cutting edge technologies and think about how can this run faster, be deployed quicker or fail less?
Do you want to be part of a team that is building a PaaS enabling customers around the globe to deliver killer streaming applications?
Do you already have an understanding of building and running distributed systems but would now love to take this to the next level?
The Confluent Cloud Platform based on Apache Kafka is the leading Cloud Native Platform as a Service for streaming data infrastructure, but this is just the beginning.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and maintain Golang infrastructure services (typically implemented as Kubernetes operators) to deliver the Confluent cloud foundations to the wider engineering organisation
- Datadog, Prometheus and a strong command of Linux, public cloud and networking should come as standard - though Golang software engineering will be your primary focus
- You will have to bring both your engineering and operational mindset to the role
- As a Confluent Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will be working alongside the rest of the Confluent engineers to build our PaaS product
- You, and the rest of the team, will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the Confluent cloud
- If you love the hum of big data systems covering 10,000’s of instances, thinking about how to make them run as smoothly and securely as possible, and want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in
- You will need technical skills of course but more important is who you are as a person - smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s / company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
What We're Looking For
- As you will be building and running a distributed system across public clouds you will need strong fundamentals in this area plus experience of at least one of the main public cloud providers - AWS/GCP/Azure
- In order to scale, automation is essential so you will use your existing knowledge and experience to automate large scale data systems
- You will need to deliver high quality, clean code
What Gives You An Edge
- Experience with Golang is advantageous
- Experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
More Information on Confluent
Confluent operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA. Confluent was founded in 2014. It has 1682 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 187 open jobs at Confluent, click here.
Read Full Job Description