Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Applied Insight LLC (Remote)
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Expand your technical skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Enhance your current software development skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS and Azure technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development, hosting, and research. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS and Azure services, as well as the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life (Just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities.
- Use open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Work with cloud native services to implement event-driven architectures via Infrastructure-as-Code.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 8 years of experience performing software development, software engineering, or systems automation.
- Hands-on technical experience with cloud computing services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools like AWS CloudFormation, Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, HashiCorp Terraform, or Pulumi.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and practices.
- Experience performing automation in Windows or Linux environments using scripting languages such as Bash or PowerShell.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, SaltStack, or Cloud based tools like AWS Systems Manager.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
Nice to have:
- AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification.
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Certification.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Department of Defense Cyberspace Workforce Management baseline certification.
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance or TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Field (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.