Devo is the only cloud-native logging and security analytics platform that releases the full potential of your data to empower bold, confident action. With unrivaled scale to collect all of your data without compromise, speed to give you immediate access and answers, and clarity to focus on the signals that matter most, Devo is your ally in protecting your organization today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, TCV, General Atlantic, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kibo Ventures and Eurazeo. Learn more at www.devo.com
Devo is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®.
The Operations Engineer Exceeds Customer Expectations by taking on the task of maintenance and modifications, of Devo’s platform, to meet customer requirements. They Make & Keep Commitments by resolving incidents within the agreed upon terms and fix incidents, if and when needed, thereby ensuring our solution has the high availability and reliability standard promised by the business.
The ideal candidate Questions the Status Quo by looking into manual daily tasks and seeking out new ways of automating them in an error free manner. They will act as a consummate Team Player by collaborating with the Professional Services teams to understand new client needs and with the Customer Support and Customer Success functions to analyze issues and find long lasting and permanent solutions ensuring a decrease in incidents over time.
*Candidates must be US based and eligible to work in the US without sponsorships*
- Work with the Network Operations Center, Customer Success and Customer Support, teams to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely and successful manner.
- Collaborate with Professional Services formulating the best approaches to modify our platform in order to meet customer needs.
- Analyze recurring tasks to identify new opportunities for automation thereby reducing repetitive and manual tasks in order to focus on additional value producing activities.
- Regularly align all stakeholders regarding cloud operations’ infrastructural needs and obligations. Work with the internal technology team to streamline, rebuild, and reimplement existing processes and systems.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong Linux user & Sysadmin knowledge.
- Basic understanding of networks.
- Knowledge of/experience using Jenkins is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Cloud Computing.
- Minimum of 3 years of programming/scripting in; Python, Bash and/or Perl.
- Experience using AWS.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Ansible.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid
Why work at Devo?
- You’ll join a Great Place to Work® certified company where we value our people and provide the tremendous opportunities that come with a hyper-growth organization.
- Be part of an international company with a strong team culture that celebrates success. Share our core values: Be bold - Be Inventive - Be humble - Be an ally.
- A flexible work environment that lets you work in the way that works best for you — in office, fully remote, or hybrid.
- Work in an environment that will challenge you and enable you to grow as a professional. Our professional development programs include:
- Company-paid job-related technical certifications, plus you can earn a bonus for achieving certain certifications.
- Personal development plans based on career paths and free access to an extensive variety of online learning courses.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Company-funded learning opportunities for professional development. (ex. conferences, classes, certifications)
- Full support for internal job movements as part of career development.
Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Flexible health benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401(k) program with company match.
- Employee Stock Option plan.
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of new children.
- A monthly stipend to help set up your home office.
- Rewards & Recognition program.
- Employee referral program — get a bonus for helping friends get jobs at Devo!
- Office centrally located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, featuring a well-stocked kitchen with free coffee, cookies, and fruit every day, lunch on Wednesdays, and an in-office gym!
- Matching donations program — it is important to give back to our community. Devo matches employee donations to many charitable organizations that further our values and those of our employees .
- Gender and diversity initiatives to increase visibility, inclusion and belonging.