Cloud Engineer at Xplor (Remote)
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Cloud Engineer in the UK/NI to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a studio and picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies help businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.Job Description
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Cloud Engineer who comes from an infrastructure background and has development skills in line with Infrastructure as Code practices. You will be responsible for definition (detailed design), built and maintenance/operation of foundational environments (landing zones) in public clouds by using Infrastructure as Code practices and tools. You will also collaborate and work with SREs to help build specific business application infrastructure on top of the landing zones environments.
- Detailed design of the landing zone(s) in public clouds (primary AWS and secondary Azure) and the associated shared services (e.g. IaC platform, Secrets Platforms, Automation Platform , etc)
- Fully automated build, using IaC/Automation platforms, the landing zones and included capabilities
- Maintain and enhance the landing zone code and its associated capabilities.
- Assist Cloud Architects in the development of solution/system architecture and design deliverables.
- Champion technology innovation to deliver business improvements and benefits to customers.
- Champion and monitor the adoption of IaC practices. Develop and improve IaC patterns and ensure their adoption.
- Champion a positive cloud platform team reputation, collaborate and coach engineers/developer
- Core technical competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven work experience with AWS services and Azure services (nice to have)
- Experience in using Terraform, Vault and Ansible
- Experience with DevOps practices (CI/CD, IaC, Automated Testing, Observability, etc.).
- Good understanding of Agile ways of working and related technologies.
- Good understanding of Governance and Security practices
- Core non-technical competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Adherence to agile development practices
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks.
- Fast learner and independent worker.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Clinical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field (2.1 upwards)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/gb/careers.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We promote flexible working wherever we can, so whether you prefer to be fully remote or in an office, the choice can be yours.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.