Cloud Engineer - Site Reliability Engineering at FIS
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest,Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers- banks and retailers- so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
FIS is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help join a new SRE function within giving you the chance to shape best practices as we migrate our core acquiring platform to a cloud based micro-services architecture.
Operating IST/Switch Online Payments transactions processing for one of the world's largest payment processors requires diligence and experience designing and running highly available, highly scalable systems in production.
What you will be doing:
- You will join our engineering team and work with other key technical teams on the design, architecture and operability of our applications and take a lead in the development of world class monitoring and automation solutions.
- You will work with engineering teams based around the globe to design, deploy, maintain FIS services, troubleshoot software and infrastructure issues, consult and innovate on core platform design and architecture, and help coordinate incident response.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and remediate platform issues and alerts.
- Engage with engineering team on-calls, helping to debug, improve, and optimize critical backend services.
- Help shape and build our next gen operations and deployment infrastructure.
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence and efficiency.
- Ruthlessly automate, improve and evolve our systems.
What you bring:
- Proven experience operating large scale critical software systems in production.
- Excellent Linux system administration skills.
- Experience using Cloud services such as Microsoft Azure Service or AWS
- Significant experience in infrastructure automation and configuration management using Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, etc.
- Senior level experience with container-based platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift (EKS preferred)
- Experience with monitoring best practices and tooling such as ELK, Splunk, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Datadog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc.
- Programming or scripting with Bash, Python, or similar languages.
- Good understanding of SRE practices especially within a pipeline-based application architecture.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Git/Gerrit, GitHub, Nexus, Ansible, Jenkins
- Track record of designing systems for High Availability, Scalability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience supporting live services and managing service outages
- Application Performance Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong communication and organization skills to work with our international teams.
- Added bonus if you have:
- Experience working within the financial services/payments industry
- Experienced Kubernetes Administrator (CKA preferred or willing to be certified)
- Production-scale cluster administration of Kafka, Apache Spark or similar.
- Infrastructure and networking experience.
- Kubernetes monitoring and tooling eg Prometheus, Helm, Istio.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.