Cloud Engineer (Remote) at Boomtown!
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:53 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
What is BoomTown?
We are 350+ doers, makers, and trailblazers on a mission to make real estate agents successful. The software and solutions we build, and the services we provide, help top agents and brokerages (95,000 clients and counting!) generate leads, manage their marketing, close more deals, and run a better business. Our platform includes customizable websites, success management, a cutting-edge CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system with marketing automation, personalized advertising and lead generation services, and a mobile app. We go much further than technology too. Dedicated teams offer lead qualification services and digital marketing, and our client success teams provide personalized support at every step: onboarding, training, coaching, and planning for strategic growth.
Boomers are a special breed, and we are built on a set of values that are at the core of everything we do. One of these is to Create Amazing Experiences, and that doesn’t just apply to our product. We’re dedicated to driving connections and improved quality of life for our employees, our clients and our communities. Our leadership team is on a crusade to foster flexibility, innovation, and ample opportunity for growth.
We offer so many ways to connect with other Boomers through shared interests and community outreach, and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, discretionary PTO, and a quarterly wellness reimbursement towards health and fitness to help keep you energized and inspired. Oh, and if you're local to Charleston, did we mention our Corporate HQ is also dog friendly!? If this sounds like the type of culture you’re looking for, we’d love to speak with you!
BoomTown is looking for a Cloud Engineer with a passion for cloud computing, advanced system administration through automation, and maintaining highly available infrastructure to support the BoomTown platform.
In this role, you will work closely with our infrastructure software engineers and application development teams to ensure our platform is available and performant for our customers. As a member of the critical Technical Operations team, you will apply industry best practices to automate the provisioning, patching, and monitoring of all production systems. This is a great opportunity to make an impact on the further success of BoomTown.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable participating on an on-call rotation about once every three months lasting one week per rotation.
This position has the opportunity for remote work (or in-office in our Charleston HQ if preferred), however, you must reside in one of the following states to be considered: AL, FL, GA, KY, MN, TN, TX, SC, VA, NC, or WI
- Installs and maintains cloud-based applications, systems, and associated hosting infrastructure utilizing automation tools and infrastructure as code
- Analyzes and defines business requirements to determine specifications and standards; proposes and develops solutions.
- Deploys and oversees implementation and integration of hosting web-based applications, ensuring that appropriate information security standards are met in a highly performant production environment.
- Maintains reports, logs, or other records of security audits.
- Monitors system uptime and performance, troubleshooting and resolving errors.
- Stays informed of emerging cloud technologies and evaluates their value to the organization's operations.
- Participates in agile sprint teams to help provide automation tooling for CI/CD
Required Skills, Competencies and Education:
- Requires experience with one or more cloud computing platforms, specifically AWS and VMWare hybrid environments.
- Requires experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as, Ansible, Terraform and Cloudformation.
- Relevant programming knowledge for Infrastructure as Code. Windows Server 2019, Linux (RHEL & Ubuntu), AWS ECS (Docker)Hypervisor technology (VMWare, EC2)
- Software documentation.
- Application debugging.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
- May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of experience.
BoomTown is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More Information on Boomtown!
Boomtown! operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Charleston, SC. Boomtown! was founded in 2006. It has 338 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 28 open jobs at Boomtown!, click here.
Read Full Job Description