At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free hardworking people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Our support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and insightful customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to execute the next best action.
We are looking for a Cloud Contact-Center Engineer to deliver a reliable and feature-rich cloud contact center architecture that will improve the lives of our Support Team. This will entail focusing on our global Vonage voice and omnichannel infrastructure and its robust integration into our Salesforce Service Cloud implementation. You will partner with our Support Software Development teams, directly feeling the positive impact that your projects have on our users.
A Typical Work Week Might Consist Of:
- Investigating a new tool to perform global call recording analysis and unearthing trends
- Crafting a powerful dashboard from omnichannel data that shines new light on the state of our team’s customer-facing interactions
- Supporting the stability of our voice infrastructure by enacting well-planned changes to our call routing plan
40% Strategic Projects:
- Lead high-impact projects that improve day-to-day operations and underpin long-term strategy for Support
- Build resilient, cloud-first infrastructure and integrations that connect customers to team members with the best skills to assist
- Design flexible omnichannel (case, call, chat) interfaces that reduce the effort for both our customers and internal teams
40% Operational Support and Insights:
- Build reports and dashboards to understand and alert on key team and system metrics (e.g. a per-agent real-time dashboard of omnichannel interactions.)
- Anticipate scalability concerns and provide impactful suggestions to leadership on the future organization and process design
- Test and execute well-coordinated changes to phone infrastructure and associated call plans
- Drive quality as the subject-matter guide for data in our phone and related CRM systems and integrations
- Find opportunities to automate monitoring, reporting, and alerting across our platforms
20% Professional Development:
- Stay proficient in our internal Salesforce and Data Infrastructure ecosystems
- Explore new tools and standard methodologies within Voice and Software Engineering
- Demonstrable experience designing, implementing, and supporting cloud-hosted contact centers
- Experience with IVRs, call & dial plans, ACD queues, SIP, etc.
- Expertise with omnichannel (call, email, chat, etc.) systems and skills-based routing is a must
- Demonstrable experience working with voice-related platform integrations: CRM (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.) WebRTC/CTI APIs & integrations
- Salesforce certifications and/or Trailhead badges are a huge plus
- Call recording and workforce management/optimization APIs & integrations
- Understanding of customer service methodologies and key contact center metrics
- Delivery of documentation and training to individual contributors and managers as part of past projects
- Previous experience with hardware and software evaluation, selection, deployment, support, and ongoing vendor management
- Understanding of the contact center market landscape and the major vendor solutions
- Familiarity with design thinking, customer journeys, and current standard methodologies in customer experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5-minute walk from the Chase Center and with breathtaking views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.