The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Cloud ConsultantAbout the role:
As an EDB Cloud Consultant, you provide product and technology guidance post-sale that focuses on successfully onboarding our customers to EDB’s Cloud platform. Partnered closely with the Cloud Customer Success Manager, Support, and related teams, you troubleshoot key technical issues for our customers and share best practices to optimize EDB’s Cloud Solution. By listening to customer feedback and following industry trends, you liaise with the product management and engineering teams to support enhancements to EDB Cloud products.
As an EDB CS Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with our customers to drive adoption of our solution - where the success of their business is directly tied to the EDB Postgres Cloud platform. You will help our customers via high velocity and impactful technical business activities to explain the technical aspects of the solution, and resolve any potential roadblocks.
EDB Postgres Cloud helps organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.Responsibilities
- Lead the technical components of our customer onboarding process and calls
- Manage the post-sale technical relationship with EDB customers, including overseeing product and solution briefings, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Leverage our Cloud Solution Architects to recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, using best practices, on EDB Postgres Cloud.
- Liaise with the Cloud Technical Support team to address ongoing issues and develop creative solutions
- When required, travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
- 5 to 7 years experience with infrastructure architecture including storage, compute, database, and networking.
- Any cloud certification (Azure, AWS, GCP). Such as:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to OLTP and big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- An understanding of Postgres or other enterprise database platform
- Knowledge and understanding of Database as a Service (DBaaS).
- Proven customer satisfaction results and client-facing experience
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request