Cloud Architect (DHS) at ArdentMC (Remote)
Ardent is a software development firm, focused on high-value/ high-technology solutions for government projects and invites you to join our dynamic organization. Ardent offers competitive salaries, matching 401K, Liberal PTO and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and a host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
Ardent is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team. This is a remote role.
The Cloud Architect will lead the design, development, and related implementation roadmap of a customized technical Cloud solution offering that leverages both on premise and commercial cloud environments.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Architect is responsible for designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing and works on advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. The Cloud Architect has a deep understanding of cloud environments, including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. This role analyses system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, and networking protocols. The Cloud Architect ensures that project rollouts meet security standards and be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Demonstrate professional competence in the principles and practices of Cloud architectures
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (network, compute, storage) and service delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience with event driven and real-time architectures (e.g., Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, etc.)
- Understanding and experience with cloud native/12-factor application architecture and microservices
- Must be able to support DevSecOps activities
- Good knowledge and understanding of federal cloud policy, regulations, and implementations (e.g. FedRAMP, FITARA, NIST, OMB, etc.)
- Able to produce high-quality technical documentation
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and multitasking
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning, presentation and relationship building skills
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Master’s Degree or 15 years of relevant experience
- AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform Experience
- Experience with IT Operations
- Experience with AWS CLI
- AWS Well Architected Framework
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience AWS Services; EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, ALB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS
- Proven Experience in automation using (Shell, Python, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience in configuring and managing continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Infrastructure automation experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with troubleshooting in networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers
- Experience migrating systems to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions
- You must be up to date with best practices in securing OS, networks, data, and applications
- Existing DHS Entry-on-Duty (EOD) status is preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of the work we support, all candidates in consideration for this role must be U.S. Citizens willing to undergo the government issued background investigation process.
In compliance with Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Ardent is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.