Cleared Principal Linux Systems Administrator -Enterprise Infrastructure - Sign-On Bonus Included! (Greater Denver Area)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Capability Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Principal Linux Systems Administrator - Cleared Linux Enterprise Infrastructure
We are seeking a Systems Administrator with experience in deploying, configuring, and maintaining large enterprise environments and enterprise management tools for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. In this role the Systems Administrator will work on a team supporting Linux Enterprise Infrastructure including Red Hat Satellite, Ansible Tower, Identity Management, and Container Orchestration and Development services in multiple isolated development environments. The administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to provide technical solutions and lead projects to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure through automation and enterprise services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a technical and project lead in the development of advanced solutions, responsible for project direction and completion.
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting services and systems.
- Define, Engineer, and Maintain Linux Enterprise Services including Authentication and Configuration Management services.
- Support Secure Container software and system development efforts and projects by engineering, deploying, and maintaining container and orchestration platform services.
- Automate the installation, patching, and security compliance of Linux-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Work under minimal direction to determine, develop, and provide solutions/enhancements adhering to strict Information Systems security guidelines.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Related Bachelor's and 12 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 18 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate's, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI Security and CI polygraph required.
- Certification meeting DoD 8570 compliance.
- Expertise in the following preferred:
- Red Hat Enterprise Administration with Identity Management/FreeIPA and Satellite
- Knowledge of DOD Information Assurance practices and System Accreditation processes including configuring physical and virtual hosts to DISA STIG requirements
- Experience supporting Software and Enterprise Application development environments and technologies including CI/CD processes, Container Operations, and Orchestration Platforms.
- Ansible Automation to deploy, configure, and maintain RHEL and CentOS Linux systems
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Preferred: RHCSA/RHCE Certified.
- Preferred: Experience in Scripting Languages (Python, Ruby, Bash), RHEL, Database Applications, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware Virtualization Products, Real Time Kernels, MacAfee Antivirus, and VEEAM.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $121,500 - $167,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
- This position is eligible for a Hiring Incentive of a minimum of $10,000 for external hires only.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.