Chief Node JS Engineer/Tech Lead at Agnos Inc. (Miami, FL)
Agnos is a healthcare-focused technology consultancy. We are building solutions that improve the lives of patients and their providers by making empathy central to our design and development. Our partnership with medical practices and other healthcare tech companies has helped raise the bar for product development and service delivery in an industry that is full of untapped opportunities.
In this role, you and your team will focus on transforming the healthcare experience with the industry’s most modern, flexible, and powerful cloud-based platform to help providers maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of their practices while connecting and collaborating directly with patients in support of better care. This platform is serving ambulatory medical practices of all sizes.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB HOLD FOR YOU?
- Implement real-time, high-performance web applications for desktop and mobile
- Architect elegant, maintainable, testable solutions to complex technical problems
- Integrate with third-party platforms and services to pull in auxiliary content, services, and data
- Tackle performance bottlenecks and drive improvements to our backend infrastructure
- Share software development best practices with the team and mentor junior engineers
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Strong fundamentals through education in computer science or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of backend and/or full-stack experience building highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Strong fundamentals in OOPS, Data structures, Design patterns, microservices architecture, asynchronous and event-driven development.
- Experience working with, designing, and deploying production-grade data processing applications using Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, NoSQL DB, Object Storage, or related tools, familiar with Cloud Native and Microservices principles and practices.
- Ability to write automated unit tests using frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or equivalent Java script test framework.
- Prior experience leading a team of developers and helping them achieve objectives in a timely manner without impacting the quality of deliverables meeting client's expectations.
- Deliver functional and technical designs, models, components, code, unit tests, and documentation.
- Ability to communicate and articulate clearly and work collaboratively in an agile team Good hands-on working knowledge on SQL server.
- Relevant knowledge/experience in Test Driven Development Experience in Agile methodologies and agile engineering practices.
- Conduct code reviews and follow the continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices.
- As a contributing member of a globally distributed agile team, collaborate with other team members following scrum practices.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with all stakeholders.
- AWS/Azure experience is a plus, Knowledge of Azure DevOps to manage end to end deployment
- Front-end experience with React and Redux would be a plus
- Prior experience working in the healthcare industry is an added advantage.
- Availability to work and collaborate in EST business hours
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- An opportunity to bring a positive difference to people’s lives with your work, exercise your empathy, and the satisfaction of working with a purpose-driven team.
- We like to pay the best compensation in the industry to our teammates as we are obsessed with the happiness of the people we work with as much as we are obsessed with everyone's success.
- We strongly believe in extending appreciation to our valuable employees via profit-sharing, performance bonuses, or commission and equity.
- Ability to work from anywhere in the world from the comfort of your homes.