This position includes systems engineer responsibilities of in-cabin monitoring and HMI(Human-Machine Interface) for Motional’s vehicle platform. The ideal candidate would be highly self-motivated and have the willingness to dive right in and enjoy tackling and solving complex challenges on a daily basis. Strong collaborator, able to work with others to understand and clarify requirements. You will work directly with an entire development team including software developers, fellow application / calibration engineers, hardware engineers and project managers to develop project specific solutions for Motional’s products.
● Interface with suppliers to develop product specification and customer requirement elicitation about camera systems.
● Analyze stakeholder requirements and develop solutions, system definition, system layout, system specification, etc.
● Lead and drive all supplier change requests
● Define vehicle level impact based on changes at component level
● Define and carry out the functionality testing based on prototype for proof of design concept, analyze testing result to evaluate functionality.
● Cooperation with the design and validation team for component and layout optimization.
● Understanding of vehicle architecture, vehicle communication (CAN, CAN FD, Ethernet, Flexray,..), vehicle dynamics and driver assistance Interfaces
● Able to perform vehicle level troubleshooting and diagnostics
● Work out component specification of outsourcing part, support purchasing activities.
● Support for the definition of test cases / test strategy, validation specifications analyze and document test data / results.
● Preparation of technical documentation and system release.
● Presentation of the work results in internal teams and in supplier meetings.
● First point of contact for supplier for system development, prepare technical presentations for customer
What we're looking for:
● Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
● 5+ years of work experience with the system engineering and SW development
● 5+ years experience working on in-cabin monitoring systems and related technologies.
● Familiar with AI algorithms used for in-cabin detection / monitoring of occupants and
● Experience in working directly with suppliers
● Familiar with PPAP and automotive engineering design processes
● Experience in project management or technical management
● Experience with global teams, multiple time zones
● Cross-functional knowledge of Systems Engineering, Electronic, Software, and Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Integration
● Strong problem solving skills
● Strong Interest in next-generation automated driving technologies (hand-on evaluation)
● Good knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc)
● Deep understanding and previous working experience on ASPICE V-shape development process
● Previous coding experience of deep learning based algorithms, especially in Computer Vision
● Previous experience with Requirement exchange process, IBM DOORs or Siemens Polarion
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.