Business Systems Engineer at H1 (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:49 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
At H1 we are creating a healthier future by delivering a platform that connects stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem for greater collaboration and discovery. We believe providing a trusted and single source of truth for healthcare professional information will power connections in healthcare - and that these connections will lead us to a healthier future. Visit h1.co to learn more about us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT H1
As a Business Systems Engineer, you’re responsible for supplying timely and trustworthy data to support analytics and reporting activities to drive data-driven, strategic decision making throughout the organization. Reporting to the Strategy & Operations team, you’ll serve as a technical, big data expert within our team. You will utilize your SQL and general data engineering skills to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data and build visualization tools to measure Key KPIs and progress against.
- Enable effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating disparate data sources (through SQL and/or Python) to build actionable reports
- Decipher technical documentation, automate data extraction and integrate data into a unified business systems (BI) reporting system.
- Provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for BI initiatives
- Monitor dashboard reporting and presentation layer functionality and performance, while proactively enhancing reports, troubleshooting technical issues, and fixing bugs
- Be an expert on multiple tools at H1 (e.g. Salesforce, Catalyst, Mixpanel, Lever, etc.) and build automations and integrations to improve business efficiency
- Assist functions in driving efficiencies in reporting through automations, data warehousing, and thoughtfully designed systems
- Develop user-friendly visualization tools through Tableau or other Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Understand business needs and translate them into scalable BI solutions
- Help build a data-driven, results-oriented culture around H1
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence and systems, operations engineering, data analytics/engineering, or similar functions at a fast-paced company
- You have expertise in Python, SQL, and/or Java and knowledge of cloud-based databases.
- You have experience building automations and integrations with disparate tools such as Salesforce, Catalyst, Lever, etc. If you’ve worked with segment or stitch, it’s a plus
- You have a strong understanding of ETL, data warehousing, modeling, automations, integrations, and flowchart concepts and methodologies
- You have experience in data mining and analytics or relative database management in systems such as SQL server
- You have moderate visualization and storytelling skills in tools such as Tableau
- You’re experienced with process management tools such as Jira, Monday, or similar
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office (excel) and Google Suite (sheets)
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter!
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- A full suite of health insurance options, in addition to Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible work hours & the opportunity to work from anywhere, with optional commuter benefits
- Investment in your success by providing you with the skills, knowledge, and mentorship to make you successful
- An opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies, in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe
H1 Insights is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H1 is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
More Information on H1
H1 operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in New York, NY. H1 was founded in 2017. It has 234 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 10 open jobs at H1, click here.
Read Full Job Description