Build and Release Engineer at Elementary (Remote)
Our team of 40 is growing fast with plans to double in the next 6 months alone. We just secured $30 million in Series B funding led by Tiger Global and Threshold Ventures, Fika Ventures, Fathom Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, and Idealab. With this new capital we plan to expand our engineering, sales and support teams to service an incredible list of recently acquired customers.
As seen in Forbes, TechCrunch and VentureBeat.
Elementary delivers a full-stack, AI-driven visual inspection solution for a wide variety of global manufacturers such as Toyota and Milwaukee Tool. Leveraging computer vision, edge computing, and cloud-based machine learning models, Elementary's proprietary platform is leading the way for massive change in automated manufacturing.
Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful through scalable, automated, data-driven products that support strained quality inspection teams who continue to experience massive labor shortages due to the ever-expanding demand for manufactured goods. Our goal is to inspect 100% of products coming off of production lines, reducing manufacturing defects and eliminating costly and dangerous recalls of products that ultimately wind up in consumers hands.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with offices in Mexico City. Remote work available.
“There are few trillion dollar markets like manufacturing, and watching the execution level of the Elementary team to land and expand with global, Fortune 200 companies has been extremely exciting to be a part of.” - Mo Islam, Elementary Board Director and Partner at Threshold Ventures.
- Develop and maintain CircleCI-based CI/CD infrastructure for individual microservices to deliver docker images to docker registries
- Develop and train on Dockerfile best practices (layer size optimization, caching, etc.)
- Work closely with DevOps team to automate deployments of software
- Optimize microservice build flow for cost and speed
- Work closely with software engineering teams to improve build reliability and efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1+ year of experience working with CircleCI
- Experience with CircleCI orbs and pipelines
- 2+ years of experience working with Docker
- Experience with DockerHub and/or AWS ECR
- Collaborative personality with a desire to build tools that increase team productivity
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Compensation package including competitive salary and early-stage equity
- Medical and Dental insurance benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy (3-4 weeks)
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance.