Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.Job Description
The purpose of this role is to create functional solutions for specific verticals supporting solution architectures for systems and platforms ensuring all relevant options are explored for time, cost and compliance to the company’s standards, policies and practices whilst meeting the business’ requirements. The role will oversee the delivery of the specific vertical and shepherd it through the relevant governance.
The Platform Architect is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultant with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead focusing on the Braze Marketing Platform. As the owner of email solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
· Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, email campaigns, email reporting, and data integration
· Gather business, marketing, and technical requirements in order to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution
· Ensure alignment of business requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices
· Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns
· Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues
· Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions
· Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards
· Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Braze platform to serve clients’ needsQualifications
· Ability to bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform.
· Ability to wear multiple technology hats across systems integration, technology consulting and technology solution design and architecture.
· Ability to participate and lead technology discussions with existing and prospective clients.
· Ability to lead technology conversations with Sr. Management (be an internal and external technology solutions evangelist) and be the technology voice of the solution
· Responsible and accountable for the underlying client technology solution architecture.
· Contribute to the larger projects in the role of senior technologist.
· Develop project scoping and estimating guidelines for designated Solution Platform.
· Develop and share best practices for designated Solution Platform.
· Proven track record of implementing large, complex web sites and/or web applications is preferred.
· Experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration and development, and package implementation with knowledge of interactive design.
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively and to deliver constructive feedback.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with client senior management.
· Experience in a consulting environment with demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation.
· Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in application architecture
· 3+ years of experience with the Braze platform
· Cross-channel marketing experience (Email, Android/iOS Push, SMS, Web Push, etc)
· Previous consulting experience required
· Bachelor’s degreeAdditional Information
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.