Bioinformatics Software Engineer, Production at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is looking for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join our Production Team. You will work alongside software engineers, clinical geneticists, and lab scientists to further deliver on our mission to bring genetic information into mainstream medical practice. You will be engineering tools to better analyze and visualize clinical genomic data, evaluate data quality, and automate lab and bioinformatics processes. Our ideal candidate is an organized problem solver with an eye for automation, and equally excellent communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Recognize and address software automation opportunities and scalability bottlenecks
- Develop web tools to visualize and interact with genomic data
- Communicate with internal users, stakeholders and other development teams
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
What you bring:
- Experience with NGS bioinformatics (eg. samtools, bwa, Picard, GATK, pandas, etc) or molecular biology benchwork
- Comfortable using the command line (bash)
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactively identify issues/bottlenecks and improve systems
- Preferred: Experience with LIMS and working in a lab environment
- Preferred: Experience with data visualization (eg. matplotlib, D3)
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.