Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you'll be able to work from the comfort of your home. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As our Full Stack Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Help implement an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Improve system performance and responsiveness
- Participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing
- Collaborate with experienced software developers in the design, development, maintenance of our application
- Partner closely with our product and business teams to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcomes for our internal and external customers
- Act as a mentor for junior developers and foster a collaborative environment
Okay, we've laid out what the job is - now are you qualified?
- 3+ years building high-performance scalable web applications
- Experience with Node.js server-side frameworks
- Experience with current web application development (bonus for experience in the MEAN stack)
- Familiar with service-oriented architecture
- Excited about delivering quality and are familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
- Knowledgeable with third-party API integrations
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
A few benefits of working at Hireology:
- Unlimited paid time off / mental health days
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage from day one
- Work from anywhere!
- 401(k) with company match
- Award-winning culture
- External learning budget
- Home office stipend
- Stock options
- Amazing growth opportunities.. and more!
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to provide Visa sponsorship. Agency and/or Third Party inquiries will not be accepted.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.