Are you passionate about building scalable automation solutions to tackle business critical application challenges? If so, we want you to join our team!
Atlassian is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Intelligent Automation team. Our fast moving team delivers modern cloud platforms and engineering frameworks that allow all teams at Atlassian to automate their work through self service solutions. The Intelligent Automation team is fueling Atlassian's growth by transforming high volume, repetitive business operations to deliver enhanced customer and employee experiences while also increasing scalability and performance. The team continues to innovate in this area by exploring how new technologies (for example AI/ML, blockchain) can drive continuous improvement across the company.
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. Our team is smart and direct; we ask difficult questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about users and deploying various types of technologies to enable functional teams.
In this role you will:
- Define and drive the overall platform's strategic vision and architecture, such as platform roadmap, service roadmap, and technology selection
- Work with a myriad of different technologies (SaaS, open source, AWS, Kubernetes, ML Services) to solve real world business problems faced by multiple teams
- Empower other teams by building platforms and frameworks that are used by other developers
- Build integrations between SaaS platforms and Atlassian's ecosystem
- Review, mentor and guide other software engineers to produce reliable and high quality code
- Articulate technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including business users, developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
On day one, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java programming (or other modern object-oriented languages, such as C++, C#, or python) and debugging
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Experience designing, building and running web services that use micro-service architectures
- Proven understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to speak to, as well as collaborate with, engineers, project managers, and business system analysts
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- A high attention to detail and quality
It's awesome, but not required if you have:
- Experience working in Middleware platforms such as MuleSoft, Camunda, Workato, etc.
- A passion for DevOps (continuous delivery, automated testing, infrastructure as code)
- Familiarity with front end development (React, TypeScript)
- Exposure to Robotic Process Automation (integrating with UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .