Backend Software Engineer II (Full Remote) at Shield AI
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:57 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 17, 2022
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to advance this nation’s core values by providing the United States and our allies access to leading technologies and innovations. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
As part of the Web & APIs team, you’ll be a key contributor to the HMDS (Hivemind Design Software) platform...an innovative cloud and local software solution that will change the way AI applications are designed and developed.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to a platform (HMDS) that will revolutionize the way that AI and ML solutions are created
- Work closely with our AI and autonomy engineers to hyper-optimize their development, increase product quality, and reduce cycle times
- Build and support various orchestrated pipelines such as data analysis and machine learning
- Contribute to a cloud-based micro-service platform that is foundational for supporting core development and integration capabilities
- Collaborate with your team in driving technical solutions to complex software and business problems
- Work with teams of supremely talented software engineers who care deeply about the solutions they create
- Leverage your backend development skills across a portfolio of applications
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years professional experience developing production quality software systems.
- Strong experience with Python is a must
- Knowledge of different data stores and persistence strategies (e.g. relational databases, NoSQL, cloud storage, etc.)
- Experience with Git and/or other source code management tools.
- Passionate about developing high-quality and optimized software solutions.
- You embrace strong coding best practices regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking, etc..
- Strong technical collaboration and a desire to develop new skills.
- Excited by a fast-moving environment with a highly motivated group.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Hands-on experience with a major cloud platform (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Dagster is a huge plus
- Experience developing with Golang and gRPC is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines is a plus
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
More Information on Shield AI
Shield AI operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA, Arlington, VA and Prosper, TX. Shield AI was founded in 2015. It has 365 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Intracompany committees, Daily sync and Open door policy. To see all 21 open jobs at Shield AI, click here.
Read Full Job Description