(Time zones: EST to GMT+1)
We're looking for backend engineers to accelerate our product development.
We have to solve various difficult engineering/UX problems:
Scale our computation engine: Our calculation engine performs the calculations behind Causal models — the challenge is to show the user instant results when possible and run complex operations (Monte-Carlo simulation, API calls).
Our spreadsheet-esque frontend interface: This interface comes with a slew of UI/UX challenges to support complex functionality without being complicated, and needs to be incredibly performant. Causal needs a low floor and a high ceiling — it should be simple enough for anyone to get started with, but powerful enough for really complex use-cases.
Our dashboarding and data visualisation capabilities: We have to allow users to create beautiful charts and tables to communicate with numbers.
I would love to chat if you are up for the challenge!
- Understand the product and the customer's needs in detail
- Translate functional requirements into maintainable, well-tested, and performant code
- Help set up processes to guarantee the long-term success of Causal's engineering team
- Play a crucial role in setting the direction of Causal's product, as well as the company and culture
- Have 2+ years software engineering experience
- Have experience with (parts of) our backend tech stack: Node/Typescript/Golang
- DevOps experience (Kubernetes, Terraform, GCP) is a plus
- Be able to write clean + maintainable code with attention to performance, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it
- Be comfortable shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Unlimited PTO
- Equipment stipend to support your home office needs
- Generous monthly remote wellness stipend, which can be used flexibly for daily lunch, gym membership, co-working, etc.
- Generous annual learning and development stipend
- Company retreats twice a year
- Remote-first (EST to GMT+1) with physical spaces in London and NYC
We're building a new way to think and work with numbers. Causal is a tool for performing calculations, visualising data, and communicating with numbers. We take the good parts of spreadsheets and combine them with the good parts of programming, to make number-crunching fast, collaborative, and accessible to everyone. We are well-funded by some great VCs (Accel, Coatue, Passion Capital) and angel investors (Naval Ravikant, Scott Belsky, and many more) across the US and Europe.
We are a globally distributed team working remotely with members of our team on both sides of the Atlantic. We do have a presence in London and NYC.
Read Full Job Description