Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a passionate, results-oriented self-starter who enjoys writing and running server code using best-in-class practices?
Wing is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you’ll collaborate to architect, design and implement our API services. You will be part of a core system development team working alongside frontend engineers and product managers. Your day may involve brainstorming new features, delivering on defined roadmaps, or hustling to meet customer expectations. Your work will be touched by real users as Wing launches unique airspace and delivery products to the public.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement backend software systems to make data accessible
- Design and implement integration tests that include your backend server work
- Participate in team software processes, including: requirement and test-plan generation, design doc creation, implementation with code review, and deployment
- Work on cross-disciplinary problems such as large scale Information storage and retrieval, geospatial mapping technologies, Unmanned Traffic Management systems
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years developing back end services (We primarily write C++ and Python)
- Experience developing and maintaining production systems deployed to the cloud
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Experience handling sensitive customer data and logs
- Experience with distributed locking, consensus algorithms, or similar architectures
- Ability to design and implement mission-critical software developed according to a rigorous process
- Strong experience in designing and implementing highly horizontally-scalable architecture
- Experience with CI platforms (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, etc)
- Passion for Aviation and Drone technologies