At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our cloud teams build and maintain our cloud applications, which manage millions of networks, cameras, and sensors all over the world. Our customers use the Meraki web dashboard, mobile app, and programmable APIs to monitor, configure, and automate critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day. Cisco collects massive amounts of data from devices all over the world. We write millions of data points each second globally every day. With this data, we power Dashboard and a rich set of programmable APIs that allow our customers to gain insight into the state of their networks.
Our teams are small and fast-paced, striving always to make our services outstanding by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity! This team is building the next generation of dashboard that will enable deeper cloud networking experiences for Meraki and Cisco products. Our engineers work on some of the busiest systems at Meraki, extending their capabilities for the growing portfolio of devices in Dashboard.What you will do:
- Prototype new ways to ingest data, with the goal of integrating these into some of our highest throughput production systems.
- Shape the evolution of our data pipelines to support the growing ecosystem of products connected to the Meraki Cloud.
- Develop new systems and tools to ensure the quality of data being ingested from a variety of sources
- Work closely with leaders in the networking industry on a high profile project that includes rapid prototyping and integration into production.
- Ensure quality of these systems by adding tests, monitoring and alerting systems.
- You're passionate about solving real customer problems and have experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on new products
- You are willing to jump in and solve problems, regardless of where in the stack it is!
- You’ve worked with relational or time-series databases before, either directly via SQL or an ORM.
- You’re experienced in an object-oriented or functional programming language.
- You take a focused, organized approach to development, testing, and quality.
- You have 8 years of experience working on large scale systems
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other specialists, and leading large technical projects
We work with a mix of languages and technologies at Meraki including Ruby (and Rails), Scala, Java, Go, PostgreSQL and Kafka. We know that everyone's tech stack is different and that skills translate. If you’ve used comparable technologies and like learning new things there's a good chance you’re an ideal fit for the team.Bonus points for:
- Experience or willingness to work in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Experience working with a real-time compute and streaming infrastructure (Kafka, Flink, Storm, Spark, etc).
- Experience with microservice architectures
There are a lot of different areas of responsibility so we encourage you to reach out, even if you don’t have all the experience listed above! We believe that great engineers and great teams come from a diverse set of backgrounds and not everyone has worked with a stack similar to ours.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.