CareRev is bringing the future of work to Healthcare! We are developing a robust marketplace that connects trusted Healthcare professionals to relevant per diem shift opportunities. We are working to change the traditional relationship between Healthcare professionals and Healthcare facilities alike, aiming to build a future that ensures people who work in Healthcare have better tools and are empowered to be the healers they want to be.
What You’ll Do as a Backend Engineer - Staff: is work with a 4-7 person team, building and iterating towards higher quality and higher value product. Each team will have members with skills to cover product management, UI design, backend build, and client build. You will be responsible for the API build, database data structure design, software architecture, security, and performance of the core backend Ruby/Rails application that powers new and existing products.
We are a YC S16 graduate and believe in quickly iterating on features to build products that people want. We deploy multiple times a day and work within a hybrid/scrum system. We believe in the agile manifesto, but not the industry straight jacket that has arisen around what it means to be "agile". Build stuff that works, communicate across the company, react quickly to degradations in system/feature performance, have ideas on solutions to ever-evolving problems, respect and collaborate with fellow CareRevengineers, CareRevers, and customers.
What We’re Looking For:
While you should have many of these skills, not all are required.
- 6+ years programming experience with Ruby and/or similar languages (Python, Perl, PHP, JS, Elixir)
- 3+ years of experience with Rails or other web frameworks
- Proficiency in working with Unix like environments
- Previous experience with relatively large-scale server-side applications
- Deep understanding and application of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
A Few Reasons to Consider Us:
- 100% remote company
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short term disability 100% covered by CareRev
- Life insurance covered by CareRev
- Paid parental leave
- Generous paid holidays & unlimited PTO
- 401K and company match
- Office equipment stipend
- Learning reimbursement program
CareRev is putting transparency, fairness, and trust back on the table. We deeply value changing the world for the better! To date, CareRev has raised $50M in funding to further our mission. In addition, CareRev has a fantastic group of investors, including Transformation Capital, top Healthcare VC firms, Y Combinator partners, and alumni.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please discuss with your Recruiter.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds of work equipment
- Ability to set up home office to include desk and chair
CareRev is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful manner. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. CareRev treats all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. CareRev also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.