Uniphore, the leader in conversational AI, is hiring a Backend Engineer (Media Engineer) with Telephony, VoiP, Video, WebRT experience to join the Next Generation Platform team that will design, build and deliver a comprehensive portfolio of real time AI services and tools to delight our customers and to boost the productivity of our engineers.
As part of the team, you will design, implement and scale a massive set of realtime media services. You will help design the integration of our AI services with the major on-prem and cloud-based contact centers (Five9, Genesys, Avaya, Cisco, Twilio, Amazon and more), meeting platforms (Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams) and many other audio/video solutions.
In this role, you will mentor, coach and inspire many engineers across multiple teams and functions. You will help the entire company to set the engineering culture and vision through thought leadership, inspiring examples, critical thinking, kindness and creativity.
Who You Are:
- Proven track record of success leading complex cloud-hybrid environment
- Strong sense of Being an Owner, Wearing the Customer’s Shoes, with the ability to Empower Others demonstrated through clear communication and collaboration
- Operational experience in complex distributed and real-time systems, with focus on real time protocols like SIP, RTP and WebRTC
- Ability to think at scale, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operation
Must have Skills:
- 5+ years of software development experience with cloud application development
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and archetypes for building distributed and federated micro-services Mastering SIP, RTP, WebRTC, streaming media or real-time communication protocols
- Mastering at least one of these platforms: GoLang, Python or Java
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB and ClickHouse
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in Speech technologies
- Experience with AI infrastructures and technologies
Uniphore is the global leader in Conversational Service Automation. The Company’s vision is to disrupt an outdated customer service model by bridging the gap between human and machine using voice, AI and automation to ensure that every voice, on every call, is truly heard. Uniphore enables businesses globally to deliver transformational customer service by providing an automation platform where digital agents take over transactional conversations from humans, coach agents during calls, and accurately predict language, emotion and intent. All in real-time. With Conversational Service Automation, enterprises can now engage their customers to effectively build loyalty, improve customer experience and realize operational efficiencies.
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Service Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
Read Full Job Description