Backend Engineer III (Remote) at Pex
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone.
We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
Building the first solution capable of identifying, attributing, and licensing content in real-time, even before it’s published, is no small feat, so we’re looking for a new Backend Engineer to join us on our quest to bring freedom, fairness, and transparency to the Internet.
The Licensing Team at Pex is a fully remote autonomous product team consisting of Engineers, a Product Designer and Product Manager working to build licensing that is clear and transparent on an impressive scale. As a part of the Licensing Team you will be an active contributor to both technical and product outcomes and have an opportunity to help enable the next technical evolution of the Attribution Engine.
• Create scalable, performant Go applications leveraging SQL (PostgreSQL)
• Write clean, tested, efficient, maintainable code
• Contribute to product design and architecture decisions
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Experience with Golang, some experience with SQL(PostgreSQL) and interacting with databases
• Thrive on solving problems and proactively seeking new knowledge
• Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally, and function well as a distributed team
• Like to contribute ideas and provide input on technical opportunities and alternatives to meet product goals
Nice to have:
• Experience with Kubernetes and cloud platforms (GCP / Azure / AWS)
• Product development experience is not required but nice to have
• Go, Kotlin, C/C++
• Vue.js & Tailwind
• PostgreSQL, FoundationDB, ElasticSearch
• CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
• Docker, Kubernetes
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $120,000 - $127,000 / year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
• 401(k) with a considerable match for all US-based employees
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.
More Information on Pex
Pex operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA. Pex was founded in 2014. It has 104 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Friends outside of work, Open door policy, Team owned deliverables, Group brainstorming sessions, Documented equal pay policy and Hiring Practices that Promote Diversity. To see all 2 open jobs at Pex, click here.
Read Full Job Description