By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a talented Back End Developer to join the Confluence Search team in Mountain View or remote. You’ll have the unique opportunity to deep dive into the field of enterprise search and make a huge impact on how millions of users are finding information within their small or large organizations. You’ll get a chance to work with large volume data and develop new microservices to iterate quickly on the solution. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product architecture. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of related industry experience in developing scalable backend services
- Proficiency in Java programming, debugging, and build tools
- Solid fundamental skills in data structures, algorithms
- Strong engineering skills in building well-tested, reliable software components
- Ability to deep-dive and diagnose system bottlenecks via monitoring and metrics
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS (preferred), GAE, Azure)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant sync or async micro-services
- Experience working with large-scale distributed eventing systems, i.e. Kafka, SNS, SQS
- Experience with Elasticsearch or prior knowledge about enterprise search domain
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
More about the team
Confluence Search consists of both senior software and junior engineers, living in California, Washington, and Texas. We believe and live by the Atlassian values every day and help each other to reach our goals as a team. All our recent newcomers have had an open and kind onboarding experience. We can’t wait for you to join us!
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.