Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Anti-Evil is a small and scrappy team, working closely with ops to defend Reddit’s integrity by fighting spam, abuse, bots, and fraud. Anti-evil team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
As a Backend Engineer on our Safety Core, Signals team, you will be in charge of designing and building scalable and robust systems to detect and mitigate safety violations across the Reddit platform. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services in close collaboration with product, data science and operations teams to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Reddit a safe and trusted community.
If ensuring the safety of users on one of the most popular websites in the US excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly-knit company with one of the highest user: employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the anti-evil infrastructure at Reddit.
- Increase efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deployment.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer developing production code
- Experience with Python is preferred
- Preferred Experience in one or more of the following areas: Big Data analysis (Big Query, Presto, Hive), Message Queuing services (Kafka, Amazon Simple Queue Service), Hadoop, and distributed data stores (Hbase, Cassandra)
- Exposure to design patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].