Backend Architect at Front (Remote)
What will you be doing?
- Define a technical north star and drive alignment towards it.
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap, working with your teams to turn 1-pager specs into features
- Obsess about the architectural design, implementation, and quality of the work your teams produce and define and delver on our SLAs
- Grow your teams by coaching developing engineers and by attracting top talent
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Front’s engineering leadership team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 7+ years of experience designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Partner with Product to define tangible product objectives and work with engineering on how best to achieve them
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems
- Work with other Architects to integrate processes and services across Engineering, Product and Design
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: backend systems at a large-scale internet service, distributed computing, API design, software systems built atop Amazon Web Services
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a computer science or relevant experience
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner.
- Experience in Node.js and React
- Experience at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company