Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a backend software engineer to join our Enterprise and Migrations team. You'll be joining a team focused on building features for our enterprise-scale customers to enable better governance, trust, and security. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian and is the proud owner of the Atlassian Access product. We are enabling cross-product experiences, and are committed to removing all blockers for the adoption of the cloud for enterprise customers.
More about you
As a backend software engineer on this team, you will work with a talented team of Product Managers, Designers, and Architects to build application-layer services encompassing backend development, monitoring, scaling, and optimizing to make the administration of Atlassian products simple at an Enterprise scale.
You will be empowered to drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve issues, as well as actively look for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and architecture of Atlassian's products on the cloud.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful micro-services
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience of public cloud offerings (AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and an engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience using AWS, Kubernetes and Docker containers
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .