Back End Software Engineer, Confluence Tailored Experiences at Atlassian
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Software Engineer to join the Tailored Experiences Confluence team in Mountain View or remote. This team is responsible for the creation of personal spaces, content, blueprints/templates and taking on technical challenges, and implement exciting features.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proficiency in any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
- A general understanding of application performance
- A deep passion for software engineering and getting shit done
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- General knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry, and public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
It would be great, but not required if you have:
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliable, and durable software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Experience working with distributed eventing systems, i.e. Kafka
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .