Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for Back End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Cloud Migrations team in Mountain View. The Confluence Cloud Migrations team is on a mission to bring all Atlassian customers to our Cloud. The team is focused on solving complex challenges around moving and managing large scale data effectively for our customers. You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. You'll collaborate with other Software Engineers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Proficiency in programming and debugging in object oriented and functional languages like Java, C++, Python.
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Willingness to take ownership of the software you write all the way to production, and experience operating software in production. This includes building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks, etc.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and software development practices (unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on ideas and designs with your team and beyond, in a remote working environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Understanding of reactive programming in Java.
- Experience working with microservices and serverless architectures.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Experience working with Splunk, SignalFx.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.