Atlassian is looking for a growth-oriented Back End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Collaboration team in Mountain View or remote. You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. The Collaboration team owns many interactive elements like comments, tasks, notifications, and mentions. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A deep passion for software engineering and getting stuff done
- A real desire for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A solid understanding of application performance, and crafting low latency, high-speed HTTP applications
- General knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry, and public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and an engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- Willingness to be part of our service operations, digging into alerting and self remediation of issues before hitting our customers, identify performance and reliability improvements, and putting those ideas in practice on a daily basis
- A desire to dive deep into the user-facing experience and build systems to help support them
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful and GQL based micro-services
- Experience working with distributed eventing systems, i.e. Kafka
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .